Wilton travel soccer scoreboard

Wilton Soccer Association travel teams had the following results in recent action:

Girls Travel


Westport Red 1, Wilton White 0

Wilton White faced off against Westport Red this past Sunday at Allen’s Meadow. From the start, Wilton put pressure on Westport, with Madison Lowthert, Claire Rosolen, Kara Mobyed, Emma Hendricks and Rachel Phippen playing tough offense and Morgan Donahue and Sasha Handel strong on defense. However, Westport was able to score a goal in the first half.

In the second half, Wilton came out strong, forcing Westport on the defensive. The offense of Sydney Leinbrger, Maia Bostwick and Madison Lowthert pushed the ball into Westport territory, where they kept the pressure on. In the first 15 minutes, Wilton made 10 kicks on goal but didn’t score. The good defense of Jose Silva and Lilah Crispino and goaltending of Kara Mobyed also kept Westport from getting a goal. Despite superb effort, Wilton lost the game by the final score of 1-0.


Wilton Blue 3, Old Greenwich 1

Wilton Blue earned a hard-fought 3-1 victory over Old Greenwich at home on Sunday. Wilton goalie Giulana Scaturchio was peppered with shots in the first half. With help from her defense of Mae Sylvester, Annalise Lamanna, Paige Leung and Abbey Byrnes, Old Greenwich was held to one goal. Offensive pressure by Riley Casey, Maddie Peppitone, Grace Costa, Kate Johnson and Lia Lombardi kept the game exciting. Olivia Koziol scored the first goal off a throw in from Kate Lane. The second half saw Wilton dominate. Paige Leung persisted against the Old Greenwich defense to put one in the net. Lane followed up with the final goal of the game. A very tough and well-played game by everyone.


Fairfield 3, Wilton White 0

Wilton White played at Fairfield this past Sunday. Teagan Stengrim, Gigi McWhorter and Emily Baer started off the offense for Wilton with Jenna Peterson, Ella Breitenbach, Lauren Moe and Remi Morello defending. The two teams were initially well matched and exchanged possession with many good passes. Next up, Abby Petrie and Melissa Ongley took over on offense with Addison Dobson defending. Sadie Klyver and Mary Kate Doyle shared goalie duties. The first half ended with a Fairfield goal that barely rolled in, causing some initial confusion.

In the second half, Teagan Stengrim continued to lead the Wilton offense, displaying impressive determination after being knocked down in an attempt to score. Despite Wilton’s efforts and several saves by goalie Addison Dobson, Fairfield scored two more goals with the game 3-0.

Wilton Gold 5, New Canaan 2

Wilton Gold visited New Canaan on Saturday and went on the road ready to play with speed and target passing. The team showed great hustle with a 5-2 win. The first half started with a goal from Maddie Phelan from a corner kick. Wilton continued the pressure and scored on a strong shot straight into the goal from Megan Dodman. This made the score 2-0 in favor of Wilton at halftime.

Wilton came out strong in the second half with bursts of speed and two quick goals by Anisa Burrows. The team kept the offense going with another goal by Mia Robustelli. New Canaan answered with two goals just before time ran out, making the final score 5-2. The team really came together with strong midfield play by Maddy Gillespie, Caitlyn O’Grady, and Macy Tiche. The defensive effort was led by Julia Steenbock, Caroline Luce and Sasha Langholm. Abigail Schmitt made numerous stops playing goalie the full game.


Fairfield 1, Wilton Blue 0

Wilton Blue played a hard-fought game on Sunday against Fairfield before succumbing to a 1-0 loss in the final minutes of the game. Hannah Fitzgerald kept the game tied at zero with a strong first-half showing in the goal.

Tenacious defense by Whitney Hess, Amanda Prather, Natalie Cronin, Taylor Felipe and Anya Iyer limited Fairfield’s ability to get an edge. Larson Burke, Miya Lasher, Caitlin Allen, Charlotte Casiraghi and Morgan Felipe showed great footwork and crisp passing up and down the field.

The second half proved to be a battle just like the first with Grace Duvall valiantly defending Wilton’s goal. Kelly Holmgren had a beautiful overhead shot on goal that just missed. Isabelle DiNanno and Olivia Mannino constantly powered through Fairfield’s defenses with multiple shots on goal for each. Mary Scally was always on the attack, demonstrating consistent offensive pressure, while Sienna McDermott protected the defensive end of the field with smart play throughout. The game ended with a beautiful pass from Caitlin Ongley to Olivia Mannino, setting up the last of many shots by Mannino throughout the game.


Wilton Blue 1, Fairfield 1

On Sunday afternoon, the Wilton 2003 and 2002 Blue team faced off against a strong Fairfield team.

Within the first seven minutes of the game, Catalina King found an opening up the middle, hitting Kira Howard, who blasted a shot into the strings to give Wilton an early 1-0 lead. Throughout the remainder of the first half, Wilton kept the pressure both on offense, with Maureen Campbell, Rachel Slater and Piper Chase, and defense, with the strong defensive skills of Riley Milhoua, Maggie Rowe and Alexis Castaldi.

The second half was a battle for goalie Grace Cahill, who stopped 10 shots. An intense defense led by Lindsay Grandolfo, Peyton Gildersleeve and Sam Nicholls did all they could, but Fairfield was able to slip one by Cahill to tie it up 1-1. Wilton’s offense pounded Fairfield with relentless pressure from Lilly Byrnes, Ellen Chiapetta, Mairead Kehoe and Brielle Flavin but it was a race against the clock and the game ended with a final score of 1-1.

Boys Travel


Wilton Blue 3, Westport Red 1

Wilton Blue played an exciting game against Westport Red on Sunday. After a suspense-building first half, Wilton and Westport were well matched. Wilton’s defense led by Liam Joy and Nicholas Marini kept pressure on the ball and pushed the game to the offensive side. With strong determination, Wilton struck first with a goal by Harrison DeStefano. Great passing and skillful footwork by Eamonn Zadourian and Cooper Buchichio made opportunities for shots on Westport. Brad Mallory weaved through the defense to make the second goal for Wilton. Blake Ongley played tough in goal with multiple saves, holding the opponent back. Wilton secured the lead with a goal by Brendan Morris assisted by Jimmy Dineen. Wilton came out on top 3-1, with outstanding effort shown by all players.
Wilton White 3, Weston 2

Wilton White outlasted Weston on Sunday afternoon at Ambler Field and came away with a 3-2 victory. The first half was characterized by constant pressure from the Wilton boys. Bar Eisdorfer and Jack Cunningham played well in midfield and helped create chances for their teammates. Greg Bocchino played the first half as goalkeeper and helped initiate the counterattack. The boys scored thrice in the first half with goals from Anthony Palumbo, Michael DiLullo and Robbie Baronowski.

Weston came out strong in the second half and looked to make a game of it but the boys played tough on the back line with strong work by Dalton Lee and Peter Braid. Jack McMenamey and Palumbo shared second-half goalkeeping duties and turned away a number of shots. The Wilton attack was relentless and it looked like they might tack on a number of goals, including some strong runs by Mick Hamilton and Wyatt Lee.

The boys will look to build on their success in Ridgefield next week, where they will have their first taste of tournament action.


Wilton Blue 3, New Canaan Red 2

Wilton Blue won a nail-biter with a 3-2 victory over New Canaan Red on Sunday, keeping their unbeaten streak alive. Led by coach Jonny Allen, it was a true team effort from skilled passes to every player, showing perseverance and strategic game play. In the first half, goalie Will Soucy was able to keep the score to 0-0 at halftime by stopping seven strong shots on goal. During the second half, the team came out strong, with Jack Crossen, Stefano Cross and Matt DeMasi scoring at crucial moments. Maddox Backman, Finn Burke and Jack Barker created a formidable defensive line, while Luke Perna looked sharp in the goal by saving several strikes by New Canaan. Evan Lalor and Amit Solomon were able to put pressure on the other team with some great breakaways. Missing from the game were Charlie Roy and Alessandro Ochoa. All the boys should be very proud of this hard-fought win.
Wilton White 6, Old Greenwich 1

Wilton White continued their dominance by beating ORGCC-Thunder 6-1. Assisted by Matt Martins, Jack Vermeulen scored the first goal. Tyler Coppola beat two defenders to score. Toby Plowright kicked from midfield to score. Alert Quinn Minozzi defended the goal superbly.

Matt Martins scored with an assist from Liam Christ in second half. Toby scored again and Andrew Partenza beat three defenders to score. Nathaniel Kalter, Dominick Cilento, Conor Toehill, Evan Argirescue and Kenji Sahay made crucial passes, and maintained a wall of defense throughout the game. Jack Vermeulen defended the goal, keeping the lead at 6-1.


Wilton Blue 7, Norwalk 1

Wilton Blue traveled to Norwalk and was ready from the opening whistle, dominating their opponent with crisp passing, fastbreak speed, and precision shots that quickly added up to a decisive first-half lead. Contributing to the first half talleys and their assists were Luke Ginsburg , Jamie Whittaker , Declan Zadourian , Andrew Ryan , Connor Buchichio , and Mac McGovern . With Tucker Farrell in goal and the defensive might of Charlie Clune , Henry Roy, Finn Kaeyer , Griffin Palmer and Cameron Royle , Norwalk struggled to find any offense.

The second half began with a similar flurry of offense by Big Blue and both Matthew Stepnowsky and Andrew Ryan added goals to the impressive playing stats. At that point with a 7-1 lead, coach Johnny transitioned the team into a spread game of finesse passing until the final whistle.


Wilton Blue 3, South Windsor 2

Wilton Blue traveled to South Windsor on Saturday for the second round of the Connecticut Cup. The boys would advance in a hard-fought game, winning 3-2. Wilton dominated play early in the first half with strong offensive performances from Jack Dodman, Ryan Leung, Conor Lillis, Christian Marroquin, Matthew Tabet, Dhruv Rokam and Luke Pacheco. Dodman got the team on the board early with a tough angle to shot to make it 1-0. Shortly after, Conor Lillis made a beautiful feed that led to a breakaway goal from Leung. Leung tallied his second goal minutes later to take a commanding 3-0 lead. The momentum would reverse from that point on as South Windsor scored a goal on a deflected cross to make it 3-1 before heading to the second half.

Wilton delivered a solid defensive effort overall from Tommy Lowell, Luke Barbieri, Connor Morneau, Robbie Ballentine, Matthew Tulley, RJ Bartels and Thomas Welch. Strong goaltending by Declan Healy and Scott Mills held back South Windsor as well. After much back and forth in the second half, the opponents scored a late goal off a corner kick to make it 3-2. In the tense final minutes, Mills made a game-winning save, grabbing a rebound that deflected off the crossbar to deny South Windsor an opportunity to tie the game.

Wilton Blue 3, Darien 1

Wilton Blue team notched a hard-fought win on the road against Darien this past Sunday. The Wilton boys found themselves on a turf field for the first time this season, making for fast conditions and lots of changes from end to end. Both teams pressed hard in the first 10 minutes, testing the opposing defensive lines. Scotty Mills, RJ Bartels, Tom Welch and Tommy Lowell held off the Darien attackers, while the boys up front for Wilton managed to get off a couple convincing shots on goal during the opening exchanges. Christian Marroquin and Jack Dodman started in the center position for the Wilton squad, with Ryan Leung and Luke Barbieri on the wings in a grouping that would later prove formidable.

For the first half, however, the Darien team kept possession for the lion’s share of the time, with Wilton’s Luke Eberhart and Luke Medalla adding big contributions to the defensive effort, and Declan Healy turning in a stellar performance in goal with at least a half dozen key saves to his credit. Despite the pressure from a relentless Darien offense, both teams reached the half with the score 0-0 in what was shaping up to be a real endurance match.

By the second half, Wilton had taken the full measure of its opponent and came out with a more aggressive strategy. The Wilton lines played higher, with Robbie Ballentine, Matt Tully, and Connor Morneau becoming a fierce and constant presence in the center of the field, keeping the ball in the Darien end and creating opportunities for Jack Dodman, Ryan Leung, Luke Pacheco and Dhruv Rokkam up front. The switch quickly paid dividends, with Dodman taking a pass from Leung and notching the first score of the game less than five minutes after the second half start. Five minutes later, Leung staged a lightning-fast breakaway, parking a powerful shot to the back of the net and making the score 2-0 with less than 30 minutes left.

The Darien squad seemed rocked at first, then rallied to get their first goal around the 60-minute mark on an aggressive cross from the right side, making it 2-1 with roughly ten minutes left. Despite all the miles run at this point, the Wilton attackers still had something left, with Pacheco, Barbieri, Ballentine, Morneau, Tully and Dodman driving again and again to the Darien end, while Lowell, Eberhardt, Medalla, Mills and Welch made sure none of the Darien attackers were able to break through.

With just five minutes left, Leung slipped two defenders and sidestepped the Darien keeper, making the tally 3-1 in what would be the final score.