After rallying from as 7-1 second-quarter deficit to tie the game in the fourth quarter, the Wilton High boys lacrosse suffered a 9-8 loss to one of the country’s top teams, Chaminade (N.Y.), on Tuesday night in Minealo, L.I.

Wilton (3-2) was led by two goals apiece from Connor Drake, Brian Calabrese and Dean DiNanno, and single goals from Joe Murtha and Liam Sullivan.

Calabrese, Drake and Sullivan each had an assist.

Chaminade, ranked 11th in the most recent Under Armour/Inside Lacrosse national rankings, improved to 8-1.

The Warriors travel to Ridgefield (2-1) Thursday night to take on the Tigers, in a game that will be broadcast live on the HAN Network ( Game time is 6.

Tuesday’s game on Long Island was Wilton’s third one-goal game in the past week, coming off the 11-10 loss to New Canaan on April 10 and 9-8 overtime win over Fordham Prep last Thursday.

"The guys played great across the board," said head coach John Wiseman, especially after a shaky first quarter. "The guys just settled down and gained confidence. We slowed them down. I thought we could win a 7-6 game but it would be hard to win a 14-13 game."

Wilton won the final three quarters, 7-3.

"We got back to playing Wilton lacrosse and the basics," said Wiseman. "I think we made a great statement for Connecticut lacrosse."

The Warriors found themselves in an early hole, as Chaminade scored five goals in a span of five minutes to lead 5-0 with 1:41 left in the first quarter. Murtha got Wilton on the board with 22.7 seconds left in the period, but the Flyers answered with a goal with six seconds left to make it 6-1 after one.

Chaminade made it 7-1 with 5:28 left in the second quarter, before Calabrese’s goal with 42 seconds left in the period made it 7-2 at halftime.

Wilton held the Flyers scoreless in the third quarter, with a goal by Sullivan and two goals by DiNanno cutting the lead to 7-5 after three quarters.

Chaminade scored a man-up goal at the 10:32 mark of the fourth quarter to up the lead to 8-5, but a pair of goals by Drake, at 9:06 and 8:22, and goal by Calabrese, at 6:12, tied the game at 8-8.

Chaminade’s Aidan Ryder scored the game winner, his third of the game, with 5:03 left. The Flyers were able to control the ball most of the final five minutes.

Andrew Calabrese finished with four saves in goal.