Recommended Video:

The Wilton High boys soccer team dominated the field of play and the scoreboard on Thursday afternoon, coming away with a 4-0 victory over visiting St. Joseph.

The win moves the Warriors' record to 1-0-1 for the season.

After the game, Wilton head coach Jim Lewicki praised his team for its performance, but he also wanted his players to quickly put the contest behind them and turn their focus to Saturday’s key matchup against Staples.

We played great today, but we missed on too many chances to score; chances we probably will not see on Saturday," said Lewicki. "If we can play well on Saturday and come away with a victory, it would be a statement win for this team."

The Warriors had many early chances to score, but didn’t convert until there was 13:36 left to play in the first half. Defender Troy Lamason stepped in front of St. Joseph pass and sent the ball to Kyle Dedrick in the middle of the field. Dedrick moved the ball up the field and sent it to the wing for Robert Aravena. Aravena, with the goalie and the defense rushing toward him, drilled the ball into the back of the net for the 1-0 lead.

Aravena upped the Wilton lead to 2-0 with his second goal of the game, 7:21 into the second half. David Brown got control of a high pass deep in the offensive zone and found Aravena rushing toward the net from the wing, and Aravena put a shot past the Cadets goalie.

Wilton’s lead grew to 3-0 eight minutes later when Luke Reyes-Guerra-Dunn, who replaced Aravena, nailed a close range shot off an assist from Brown. Brown had picked up the ball off the rebound of a saved shot.

Mac McReyonlds netted the Warriors' last goal with 18:27 to play for the 4-0 final. McReynolds charged in from the wing and put back the rebound of another saved shot for the score.

St. Joseph could not get anything going offensively and could manage only two shots on net. Peter Como started in goal the Warriors and was credited with one save, and Zachary Haas finished the game and also picked up one save.