It’s a Holly Jolly Saturday at historical society
The Christmas season kicks into high gear as the Wilton Historical Society presents its Holly Jolly Saturday on Dec. 8.
Among the day’s events:
- Visit with Santa from 11 to 2.
- Pomander-making and gingerbread cookie decorating workshops from 11 to 1.
- Silhouette artist Debbie O’Connor will create portraits from noon to 4 (appointments required).
- Songs with Santa — voices and handbells of Music on the Hill from 2 to 4.
- Pop-up Market with jewelry designs by Crunchy Diva, bags and accessories by Lisa Maree Designs, and vintage holiday décor and gifts from The Perfect Thing from 10 to 4.
- Trains, trains, and more trains.
O’Connor will create individual portraits cut freehand with scissors from paper. The first silhouette is $30, additional copies are $15. Silhouettes are mounted on white or ivory archival quality card stock. Mattes, extra copies and frames will be available. Silhouettes can also be made from photographs (in profile). Reservations can be made by calling 203-762-7257. A deposit is required.
The Betts Store museum shop, which is freshly stocked, features new Wilton-themed items and an eclectic mix of hand-made items, many made locally.
Admission to the Great Trains Holiday Exhibition is free for all members; non-members: $5 per child and $10 per adult. Holiday workshops for making a pomander and decorating a gingerbread man cookie are $5 each per person.
The Wilton Historical Society is at 224 Danbury Road. Information: 203-762-7257 or visit wiltonhistorical.org.