As part of its continuing series of public programs dedicated to healthy living, Cannon Grange will present Nancy Capelle speaking about cardiac health on March 5 at 7 p.m. Mrs. Capelle’s talk will focus on her own experience of surviving both a heart attack and cardiac arrest shortly after her 40th birthday, and the motivation required to make essential lifestyle changes to reduce the chances of developing heart disease.
During the program Ms. Capelle will speak about how to:
- Recognize a cardiac emergency,
- Respond to a cardiac emergency,
- Understand the difference between a heart attack and cardiac arrest,
- Perform “Hands-Only CPR,”
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED),
- Manage personal risk factors that will reduce the chances of developing heart disease.