Senior Center News: May 14
Kathy Engstrom, owner of A Fresh Eye, LLC, is a former professional organizer. She will help you “Conquer the Clutter!” on Friday, May 15. Are you frustrated by losing things because they are buried in the clutter? Kathy will help you start bringing order to your chaos. In this class she will teach you how to attack your clutter, decide what is important and what can be discarded, and create systems to help things function more smoothly and maintain order going forward. Sessions take place in the senior center lounge from 10:30 to 12:30. The fee is $5. Registration: 203-834-6240.
Lunch at Ogden House
On Wednesday, May 20, the monthly luncheon at Ogden House will take place. This lunch will be prepared by volunteers from the Wilton Presbyterian Church under the direction of Irla Landry. The Wilton Woman’s Club will serve the lunches. The Gentleman Songsters will perform following the lunch. Call the senior center 203-834-6240 for reservations. This event is open to all Wilton senior citizens.
Celebrate Memorial Day
Seniors are invited to celebrate Memorial Day by marching in the parade with Stay at Home in Wilton. Meet at Wilton Senior Center at 9:30 on May 25 to join the parade group.
Trips on your own
A bus will depart Comstock Community Center at 9 Wednesday morning, May 20, with drop-off at the Metropolitan Museum or mid-town Manhattan. The cost is Wilton resident, $25; Non-resident, $35. Call 203-834-6234 to register.
For the week of May 15:
• Friday, May 15 , 9:30, Knitting; 10, Feldenkrais with Cathy Paine; 10, Jewelry Workshop with Viola Galetta; 10:30, Conquer the Clutter with Kathy Engstrom; 12, Bridge with Eleanor Mihailidis; 1:30, Intermediate Bridge with Dan DeVlieg.
• Monday, May 18 , 10, Digital Photobook; 10:30, Line Dance Fusion; 12, Movie; 1, Bridge.
• Tuesday, May 19 , 11, Yoga with Denise O’Hearn; 12, Duplicate Bridge; 2, Chair Yoga at Ogden House.
• Wednesday, May 20 , 9:30, Sewing at Ogden House; 10, Open Bridge with Dan DeVlieg; 10:30, Tai Chi with Joe Alampi; 12, Lunch at Ogden House followed by the music of the Gentleman Songsters; 1, Mah Jongg; 3-4:40, Blood Pressure Screening at Bankwell.
• Thursday, May 21 , 9, Enhance Fitness with Leslie Hinshaw; 10, Yoga with Denise O’Hearn; 12, Lunch at St. Matthew’s Church.
In the course of the renovation project, individual rooms in the senior center and social services wing of the building may, from time to time, become unavailable for public use. All senior programs and the room assignments will be posted at or on the entrance doors. We appreciate your understanding and patience.