Senior Center News: July 23
Brookdale Place picnic
Brookdale Place of Wilton will host a free summer picnic today at noon. Each year, Executive Director Wendy Kauffman invites seniors from Wilton to enjoy a delicious buffet lunch and entertainment at their campus at 96 Danbury Road. Call the senior center for reservations at 203-834-6240.
Lunch and Learn
Laurel Ridge Health Care Center of Ridgefield will host a Lunch and Learn on Monday, July 27, 12:15 p.m. Arthur Gottlieb will take the audience on a photographic history of the Statue of Liberty from her first designs to her post on Liberty Island. A free lunch will be served prior to the presentation. Laurel Ridge is at 642 Danbury Road, Ridgefield. Call the senior center 203-834-6240 for reservations.
Lunch at the Greens
The Greens at Cannondale is an assisted living and memory care community at 435 Danbury Road. It will host a free lunch and activity on Thursday, July 30, at noon. This event is free and open to the public. Call the senior center for reservations at 203-834-6240.
Corridors is the bi-monthly newsletter for the senior center. It is mailed to Wilton residents who are registered voters age 60 and above. For the months of July and August, Corridors is available at the senior center and on the town website at wiltonct.org. Just click on the newsletter icon on the right panel of the homepage.
For the week of July 24:
• Friday, July 24 , 10. Feldenkrais with Cathy Paine; 12, Bridge with Eleanor Mihailidis; 1:30, Intermediate Bridge.
• Monday, July 27 , 10:30, Line Dance Fusion with Beatriz Araujo; 12:15, History of the Statue of Liberty at Laurel Ridge Health Care, 642 Danbury Road, Ridgefield; 1, Bridge; 1, Studio Knitting.
• Tuesday, July 28 , 10, Insomnia Seminar with Cathy Pierce LCSW and Lauren Hughes LCSW; 11, Yoga with Denise O’Hearn; 12:30 to 2, Blood Pressure Screening at the Village Market; 12:30, Mah Jongg; 2, Chair Yoga at Ogden House.
• Wednesday, July 29 , 10, Open Bridge; 10:30, Tai Chi with Joe Alampi; 1, Mah Jongg; 5, Jay Kiley presents Yachting at the Greens at Cannondale.
• Thursday, July 30 , 9, Enhance Fitness with Leslie Hinshaw; 10, Yoga with Denise O’Hearn; 12, Lunch at the Greens at Cannondale.
In the course of the renovation project, individual rooms in the senior center and social services wing of the building may, from time to time, become unavailable for public use. All senior programs and the room assignments will be posted at or on the entrance doors. We appreciate your understanding and patience.