Senior Center News
Did you forget to make a New Year’s resolution this year? It’s not too late. According to Always on Healthcare, there are five achievable New Year’s resolutions you can start right now.
- Laugh more. Recent studies have shown that the act of laugher can decrease stress, reduce short-term memory loss and enhance learning abilities.
- Move more. Wilton Senior Center offers an exercise class every day at a very affordable cost. Come check out Line Dancing Mondays at 10:30, Be Moved! Tuesdays at 9:45 ,Yoga Tuesdays at 11 and Thursdays at 10, Tai Chi Wednesdays at 10:30, and Feldenkrais on Friday at 10:30.
- Make healthier food choices. It’s always a good idea no matter what time of the year to make healthier food choices. The food we take in can affect our mood, energy level, digestion and blood pressure. One motto I like to follow is “everything in moderation.”
- Drink less alcohol. As we age, the body’s alcohol tolerance can lower.
- Be your own cheerleader. Setting a goal is the first part. Reward yourself for making steps towards your goal rather than putting yourself down for not getting there fast enough.
Friday, Jan. 11 — 10, Feldenkrais with Cathy Paine; 12, Bridge; 1, Intermediate Bridge with Mike Hess.
Monday, Jan. 14 — 10:30, Line Dancing; 12:00, Movie; 1:00, Bridge.
Tuesday, Jan. 15 — 9:45, Be Moved! With Phyllis Hirschfield, 11, Yoga with Denise O’Hearn, 12:30, Five Crowns, 1, Studio Knitting.
Wednesday, Jan. 16 — 10, Open Bridge with Mike Hess; 10:30, Tai Chi with Joe Alampi; 12, Luncheon at Ogden House organized by the Wilton Congregational Church and served by the Wilton’s Women’ Club with entertainment by the Hoot Owls; 1, American Mah Jongg.
Thursday, Jan. 17 — 10, Yoga with Denise O’Hearn; 12, Lunch at St. Matthew’s, and no Bingo.