Senior Center News
Corridors is the bimonthly newsletter for the senior center. It is mailed to Wilton residents who are registered voters age 60 and above. For the months of July and August, Corridors is available at the senior center and on the town website at wiltonct.org. Just click on the newsletter icon on the right panel of the homepage.
Laurel Ridge will host a free luau lunch on Friday, July 12, at noon at the senior center. Come and join in the fun. Call the senior center for reservations: 203-834-6240.
Lunch and bingo
Each Thursday, the senior center hosts a noon lunch prepared by chef Karen White. After lunch, 10 games of bingo are held in the game room. Lunch is $3. Call the senior center for reservations at 203-834-6240.
Parks and Rec has two trips in July:
• Foxwoods Casino, Monday, July 8. Depart at 8 a.m. and return at 5 p.m. Resident fee is $25; non-resident is $35.
• Newport on Your Own, Monday, July 29. Depart at 8:30 a.m. and return at 5 p.m. Resident fee is $30; non-resident fee is $40 (transportation only).
Call Parks and Rec at 203-834-6234 to sign up.
Come and cool off mid-day at the senior center during the summer with a classic movie at noon on Mondays. Bring your lunch and settle in for a relaxing viewing in the cool lounge.
If you would like to join other seniors in an afternoon of bridge from noon to 3, call the organizers listed below:
• Duplicate bridge: first Wednesday of the month, Lois Bruce at 203-762-5818.
• Duplicate bridge: third Tuesday of the month, Maureen Turnier at 203-762-9386.
• Contract bridge: Fridays, Eleanor Mihailidis at 203-762-8720.
All activities take place at the senior center (203-834-6240) unless otherwise specified.
For the week of June 28:
Friday, June 28, 10, Move, Strengthen, and Stretch with Julienne Camhi; 12, Bridge with Eleanor Mihailidis; 1:30-3, Free swim for seniors at the Wilton Y.
Monday, July 1, 9:20, Enhance Fitness with Laura Mars; 10:30, Line Dance Fusion with Beatriz Araujo; 12, Movie: “For Me and My Gal” with Judy Garland.
Tuesday, July 2, 10, Painting with Althea; 11, Yoga with Denise O’Hearn; 2, Chair Yoga at Ogden House.
Wednesday, July 3, 9:45, Tai Chi with Debbie Dong; 10, Duplicate Bridge with Dan DeVlieg; 1:30, Mah Jongg.
Thursday, July 4, Senior Center closed.