Demolition permits spike in Wilton
Wilton’s Building Department saw a year-over-year increase in the number of demolition permits issued last year.
Eleven permits were issued by the building department in 2017, compared to just five in 2016.
Of those issued in 2016, three were for house demolitions and two were for accessory building demolitions:
- 23 Coley Road (house)
- 454 Danbury Road (house)
- 42 Old Highway (house)
- 201 Wolfpit Road (accessory — garage)
- 36 Seeley Road (accessory — garage)
The permits issued in 2017 were for two commercial, six house and three accessory building demolitions:
- 23 Bob White Lane (house)
- 16 Cricket Lane (house)
- 21 Lee Allen Lane (house)
- 10 North Main Street (house)
- 44 Old Farm Road (house)
- 14 Shadow Lane (house)
- 211 Danbury Road (accessory — two barns)
- 249 Danbury Road (accessory — garage/shed)
- 217 Olmstead Hill Road (accessory — garage)
- 211 Danbury Road (commercial — sales building/greenhouse)
- 249 Danbury Road (commercial — interior and walls)
Demolition timetables vary following the issuance of permits, Wilton Building Department permit technician Rachel Matthews told The Bulletin.
“There is no ‘norm,’ as it depends on if it needs to be demolished in preparation for a new home in its place,” she said.