Letter: Green is good
To the Editors:
The Fifth Wilton Go Green Festival opened on Sunday, May 3, at 11 and welcomed a happy crowd of attendees from preschoolers to seniors. We saw exhibitors and visitors engaged in conversations, families watching and learning about recycling from Cyril the Sorcerer, and everyone listening to live sounds of Wilton musical groups. A giant snail sculpture was on display to remind us of the harm plastic does to our little animal friends. A first-time dog parade and the finish to the Westport Electric Car Club Rally rounded out the day. First Selectman Bill Brennan led the closing award ceremony.
We wish to acknowledge and thank the corporations, businesses, groups and individuals who supported us.
- Co-host: Wilton Library
- Silver Sponsors: Bankwell in Wilton, Blue Buffalo, Greater Bridgeport Community Enterprises, Next Step Living, Nod Hill Soap, Pure Point Energy, Realty Seven, South Wilton Veterinary Group, Wilton Stop and Shop, Winters Bros.
- Media Sponsors: Good Morning Wilton, Natural Awakenings, Star 99.9, 95.9 The Fox, News Channel 12
- Wilton Business Supporters: Apple Blossom School and Family Center, City Carting, D.A. Vento Refuse, Dr. Gregory Sanford, D.D.S Orthodontics, Keough’s Hardware, Mills and Mills
- Community Partner: The Greens at Cannondale
- In-Kind and Professional Services Donors: Bank of America, Cafe Ruche, City Carting, Paragon Management Group, Town of Wilton Department of Public Works, Town of Wilton Parks and Recreation, Willa Ratner Design, Wilton Congregational Church, and Wilton Rotary.
We would also like to thank all the silent auction donors and the volunteers who worked before, during and after the festival. You made it possible.
Jana Bertkau, Chairman
Wilton Go Green Festival 2015
Peg Koellmer , President
Wilton Go Green
Wilton, May 4