The Board of Finance unanimously approved the Wilton Health Department’s acceptance of a $12,612 Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant during its Aug. 18 meeting.
The grant is offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and gives grantees the flexibility to use funds to:
- Address emerging health issues and gaps.
- Decrease premature death and disabilities by focusing on the leading preventable risk factors.
- Work to achieve health equity and eliminate disparities by addressing the social determinants
- Support local programs to achieve healthy communities.
- Establish data and surveillance to monitor the health services of targeted