Wilton High gets spirited for Homecoming
Monday, Sept. 28, is the first day of Spirit Week at Wilton High School, which means a week of festivities leading up to this year’s Homecoming Game on Saturday, Oct. 3, at 2:30, followed by the Homecoming Dance at 8.
Tickets to the dance will be on sale during lunch waves. No tickets will be sold the day of the dance or at the door.
Each day this week, Wilton High School will have a different theme that students can dress to as part of a competition between classes.
A tally sheet will be used each day — except Thursday — in the second block to judge the winning class. Each class gets one point for each student they have that participates.
This year's spirit days are:
- Monday: America Day — Dress up in patriotic attire. Appropriate clothing garments only.
- Tuesday: Pajersey Day — Dress up in either pajamas or sports team attire. Wilton sports gear does not count.
- Wednesday: Class Color Day — Each grade is assigned a color — green for freshmen, purple for sophomores, red for juniors, and blue for seniors. The second block teacher will tally the amount of students, per class and per grade, wearing their class’s allotted color. As for teachers, any color they wear will count toward the class’ tally with the corresponding color.
- Thursday: Toga Day (seniors only) — Seniors dress up in Greco-Roman-themed togas and tunics. Overly revealing attire, bubble wrap or other translucent togas are not acceptable. Since only seniors participate, there will be no tally.
- Friday: Blue-White Day — Dress up in blue- and white-colored gear. Wilton sports gear is acceptable.
Wilton High School will hold a pep rally on Friday, Oct. 2, from 1:45 to 2:50.
Periods will be shorter on this day and Period 7 will meet before lunch to ensure that Period 8 falls during the hour period.
Click here for the full pep rally schedule.
Spirit Week culminates in Homecoming Day, Oct. 3, which will entail a clubs festival, parade, football game and dance.
At noon, clubs will set up for the festival at Guy Witten Field, which takes place 12:30-2:30 and includes bands and carnival games.
From 2 to 2:15, parade marshals, bands, Jeeps with court, and classes will be lined up in front of the high school. The area will be heavily congested, so participants are asked to leave ample time to be in their assigned positions so the parade can begin on time.
At 2:10, dignitaries, cheerleaders, band, court, clubs, sports teams and classes line up, in that order.
The 15-minute Homecoming parade will begin at 2:15, followed by the 2:30 Homecoming Game at Veterans Memorial Stadium.
At 3:10, court will assemble on the 50-yard line in front of the opposition bleachers, and half-time ceremonies will take place from 3:20 to 3:40.
Homecoming Dance chaperones are to arrive at 7:30 p.m. The dance begins at 8 and ends at 11. The freshman class will clean up after the dance.
Click here for updates on Wilton High School events.