Wilton High School presents academic awards to 229 students
The Wilton High School community recognized the academic accomplishments of 229 students during the annual Academic Awards Ceremony in the Nick Zeoli Field House on Thursday, May 26.
Seniors, underclassmen, faculty, staff, parents, central office administrators, Board of Education members and award-presenters were all in attendance to honor the students award-winners.
A total of 136 awards were given out during this year’s ceremony, including:
- College Book Awards, presented to juniors who show outstanding academic promise.
- PTSA Book Awards, presented to seniors who have demonstrated the highest quality of performance in specific subject areas.
- Departmental awards in science, math, business and world languages.
- Community organization-sponsored awards for scholarship and community service.
- Memorial awards, honoring the legacy of former students, staff, and parents.
Seniors honored in the National Hispanic Recognition Program and the National Merit Scholarship Program were also recognized during the ceremony, and it was announced that a senior has been admitted to the United States Coast Guard Academy and another to the United States Merchant Marine Academy.