Music Adjudication Trip: Wilton musicians win big
The Wilton High School Music Department and the music boosters sent nearly 300 student choristers and musicians to Virginia this year for the annual Festivals of Music adjudication trip. The group returned to Connecticut with a collection of trophies and high ratings.
The Chambers Singers, the Select Orchestra and the Wind Ensemble all received superior ratings and the best overall scores in their respective categories, and Jake Saltzman received an award for Outstanding Jazz Soloist.
After the ceremony, the caravan celebrated with a stop at Six Flags America in Bowie, Md.
This annual trip was made possible through the support and dedication of the high school music department directors Chip Gawle, John Rhodes, Marty Meade and Betsey deGroff, and the music boosters. The group offered special thanks to Bob Orton, the music trip coordinator, Matt Brush, the head chaperone, and Dottie Jankowski, music booster president.
• Concert Choir — Excellent, First Place;
• Madrigals — Excellent, First Place;
• Chamber Singers — Superior, First Place and Best Overall High School Choir;
• The Bottom Line Men’s Chorus — Superior, First Place;
• Select Orchestra — Superior, First Place and Best Overall High School Orchestra;
• Symphonic Orchestra — Superior, First Place;
• Concert Band — Excellent, First Place;
• Wind Ensemble — Superior, First Place and Best Overall High School Band;
• Jazz I — Superior, First Place;
• Jazz II — Excellent, Fourth Place;
• Jake Saltzman — Outstanding Jazz Soloist.