Four Wilton High School have been named among the more than 15,000 nationwide finalists in the 2015 National Merit Scholarship Program — Jeremy Brewer, Grace Nickel, Daniel Xie and Warrior Words columnist Evaline Xie.
Students who met all requirements stood out from the 16,000 semifinalists and advanced to finalist standing in the 60th annual scholarship program.
To become a finalist, a semifinalist must submit a detailed scholarship application that includes:
- Evidence of an academic record of very high performance;
- Endorsement by his or her school principal;
- SAT scores that confirm the student’s earlier qualifying test performance;
- A self-descriptive essay;
- Evidence of the student’s participation and leadership in school and community activities.