Route 7 and the Danbury branch rail line are the major areas with key projects that would affect Wilton in the South Western Region Metropolitan Planning Organization’s (SWRMPO) Draft Long Range Transportation Plan, 2015-2040. The plan, released earlier this month, provides a blueprint for transportation investment in eight municipalities in southwestern Connecticut: Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford, Weston, Westport, and Wilton. The public review period runs through April 30.
A total of 203 projects in the plan are listed as “key,” with the vast majority in Stamford. Six would affect Wilton:
- U.S. 7/Conn. 107 intersection improvement — 2030.
- Tiered parking at Wilton railroad station — 2020.
- Intersection improvements — 2030.
- Pedestrian bridge at Wilton railroad station — 2017.
- Danbury branch improvements — 2030.
- U.S. 7 Reconstruction, Grist Mill Road to Conn. 33 — 2020.