Gov. Malloy asks for a moment of silence
Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, following a request by Massachusetts Gov. Deval L. Patrick, has asked Connecticut residents to observe a moment of silence at 2:50 p.m. today, Monday, April 22, in recognition of the victims of the bombings at the Boston Marathon last week.
“Connecticut stands with Massachusetts in honoring the victims of the tragedy last week in Boston,” said Mr. Malloy. “I’ve directed state agencies to join Massachusetts in a moment of silence at 2:50 today, and am encouraging Connecticut residents to do the same. We thank law enforcement and first responders for their actions at the marathon and in the days that followed. Our thoughts remain with the victims of this senseless tragedy and the families mourning the loss of their loved ones.”
“This is an opportunity not only to recognize those innocent people who were taken from us or injured one week ago and the first responders who bravely came to their aid, but to reaffirm our resolve against those who attack and threaten our freedom,” said Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman.
Mr. Malloy and Ms. Wyman will observe the moment of silence at Minuteman Park in front of the State Armory in Hartford.