Valeview Road fire started in clothes dryer

The Wilton Fire Department received the call at approximately 10:40 a.m. on Jan. 28.

“We’re still uncertain about what caused the fire, but we know that it started in a clothes dryer,” Fire Marshal David Kohn said on Wednesday.

Deputy Fire Chief Mark Amatrudo said he could see heavy smoke coming from the house when he arrived.

“The fire was under control within half an hour,” Mr. Amatrudo said.

Norwalk and Weston Fire Departments provided mutual aid.

“Most of the damage was limited to the laundry room and rooms immediately adjacent to it,” said Mr. Kohn.

The fire caused smoke and heat damage, but everyone inside the home escaped without injury.

Mr. Kohn is still in the process of investigating the exact cause of the fire.