Tree worker in Wilton hospitalized after being electrocuted
A tree worker was sent to the hospital Wednesday after being shocked at a job on 55 Ruscoe Road in Wilton.
Officers responded to Ruscoe Road on Wednesday, June 5, at 6:38 p.m., for a report that a 25-year-old male had been electrocuted.
Upon arrival, officers found the male unresponsive and provided emergency medical care, according to police.
The male was transported to Norwalk Hospital where he remains in critical condition after sustaining life threatening injuries.
Police say the man is from Stamford and was working with a tree crew from M. Lato Tree Company at 55 Ruscoe Road trimming trees in the driveway.
The boom on the truck came in contact with the power lines, which run down the driveway, energizing the truck.
The victim, who was working on the ground, then went to open the door of the truck and was shocked. The incident is still under investigation by the Wilton Police Department and OSHA.
Police say they have no further information on the condition of the worker at this time.