The Wilton Fire Department reminds us October is Fire Prevention Month and asks citizens to re-affirm their commitment to fire safety by:
- Inspecting your home for fire hazards.
- Storing flammable liquids (gas for the mower) and gases (propane for the barbecue) outside and away from your house.
- Making sure you have and practice an escape plan.
- Calling your contractor and having your fire and house alarms maintained.
- Making sure Halloween costumes are flameproof and that your trick-or-treater is visible in the dark, and carries a flashlight.