Police Log: DUIs, hit-and-run, failure to appear, fraud


Wilton police made five arrests for driving under the influence during the past two weeks.

Glenn Thomas O’Brien, 51, of Wilton, was arrested for driving under the influence, failing to drive in the proper lane, and driving without insurance on Monday, Dec. 24, after Wilton police stopped his 2011 gray Ford Fusion on Route 7.

Police pulled O’Brien over after observing his vehicle swerve over the fog line then take too wide a turn into a driveway at 300 Danbury Road, so as to invade the portion of the driveway devoted to exiting traffic. As he proceeded up the sloped driveway to the residential area of the apartment complex, O’Brien also struck a curb and disregarded the lights and sirens of the police cruiser behind him.

O’Brien eventually stopped the car in front of his residence at 300 Danbury Road. He was found to be under the influence of alcohol and taken into police custody. Chemical testing at police headquarters revealed O’Brien had a BAC level of 0.3024 — more than three times the 0.08 legal limit. O’Brien posted $260 bond and was given a Jan. 3 court date at Norwalk Superior Court.

David E. Robushi, 54, of Easton, was arrested for driving under the influence after he was found sleeping in the driver’s seat of a running 2002 Ford E150 in the parking lot at 26 Danbury Road on Sunday, Dec. 30.

An odor of an alcoholic beverage was “emanating” from Robushi, according to Wilton police, and he was placed into custody after failing field sobriety tests. A breath test revealed Robushi had a BAC of 0.1753. Upon release, Robushi was given a Jan. 8 court date at Norwalk Superior Court.

Timothy Joseph Cella, 21, of Norwalk, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence after Wilton police received a complaint about a man passed out in a vehicle in a Range Road driveway around 2 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 1.

At the scene, police found Cella “partially seated” in the vehicle with the engine running and key in the ignition, and detected a strong odor of a alcohol upon opening the vehicle doors.

Cella was placed under arrest after failing sobriety tests. He refused breath testing and was released on $260 bond and given a Jan. 10 date at Norwalk Superior Court.

Miriam Francis Arias, 50, of Norwalk, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence, using a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle, and failing to obey traffic signals around 3:40 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 1, after police observed her 2003 Toyota Camry stopped at a yellow blinking traffic light in the northbound lane near the intersection of Route 7 and Cricket Lane.

Arias appeared to be on her cell phone, according to Wilton police, who conducted a traffic stop and suspected Arias of being under the influence of alcohol. After failing field sobriety tests, Arias was placed under arrest. She was issued a $260 bond and scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 11.

Michael F. Norrholm, 27, of Norwalk, was arrested by Wilton police and charged with driving under the influence, failure to drive in the proper lane, failure to maintain lane, operating a motor vehicle under suspension, and failing to return a license after suspension on Wednesday, Jan. 2.

That day, Wilton police responded to a complaint about a 2013 white Ford Focus driving erratically northbound on Belden Hill Road. Upon making contact with Norrholm, the driver, officers detected an odor of an alcoholic beverage emanating from his vehicle.

Norrholm failed field sobriety tests and was placed under arrest for DUI. It’s his second DUI offense.

During processing at Wilton police headquarters, Norrholm refused to submit to a breath test. Police also determined that Norrholm had an active arrest warrant issued out of Norwalk for a domestic-related incident. Norrholm was released on a written promise to appear to Norwalk police for the active warrant.


Matthew Abbassi, 25, of Brookfield, was charged with evading responsibility, operating a motor vehicle under suspension, and passing on the right Wednesday, Jan. 2, after turning himself in at Wilton police headquarters on an active warrant stemming from a motor vehicle accident that occurred in October 2018.

While driving northbound on Route 7, Abbassi struck the rear passenger side of a vehicle while trying to pass it on the right. He then left the scene.

Abbassi was processed and released on a promise to appear, and given a Jan. 14 date to appear at Norwalk Superior Court.

Failure to appear

Felipe Mora Solano, 55, of Wilton, was charged with second degree failure to appear on Wednesday, Jan. 2, after Wilton police discovered he had an active warrant while investigating a motor vehicle accident involving Solano on Sunset Pass. The Norwalk police-issued warrant originated from 2005 operating under suspension charges.

Solano was taken into custody and processed before being released on a $500 bond. He is scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 14.


Wilton police charged Joseph Kolosinsky, 59, of Jessup, Pa., with larceny and criminal impersonation on Friday, Jan. 4, following a fraud investigation that started in June 2018.

The investigation began after police learned that a local business had become victim of a larceny. The fraud involved a change to an employee’s payroll direct deposits, and it was later learned that funds amounting to about $10,000 were being delivered to an account in Pennsylvania owned by  Kolosinsky.

Kolosinsky was arrested at his home in Pennsylvania by local police and extradited back to Connecticut by Wilton detectives. He was held in lieu of a $150,000 bond and scheduled to be arraigned on Jan. 7.

The Wilton Police Department did not respond to any domestic disputes between Dec. 31 and Jan. 7.