The annual Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics Connecticut will be in Wilton June 10, and officers of the Wilton Police Department will participate.
“Here in Wilton what we do is we go up to Ridgefield at 9 a.m. and our officers run with their officers for the 2.5-mile Ridgefield Torch Run,” said Wilton police Lt. Robert Kluk.
“Then we all get in cars and drive back down to Wilton, to run our leg of the Torch Run. Eight or nine guys usually volunteer,” he said.
In Wilton, after setting out from the St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church parking lot on New Canaan Road, Wilton police officers will:
- 9:42 a.m. — Turn left onto Route 106 (New Canaan Road);
- 9:45 a.m. — Turn right into the Miller-Driscoll School parking lot;
- 9:47 a.m. — Turn right onto Route 106 (Wolfpit Road);
- 9:54 a.m. — Turn left onto Horseshoe Road;
- 9:56 a.m. — Continue onto River Road;
- 10:06 a.m. — Turn right onto Center Street;
- 10:06 a.m. — Turn right onto Route 33 South;
- 10:08 a.m. — Turn right onto Route 7 South;
- 10:13 a.m. — Turn left into Town Hall and arrive at Wilton police headquarters.