Belden Hill Road fire was accidental

A fire that damaged a Belden Hill Road home on March 7 has been termed “accidental.”

Wilton Fire Marshal Rocco Grosso told The Bulletin “The fire in the breezeway started in the area of an electric space heater that was built into the wall. We don't know if there was a malfunction of the heater, or if it was just too close to stuff that could catch fire. We're calling it an accidental fire."

No injuries were reported from the fire that brought equipment and personnel from Wilton and four other towns, and caused the closure of Belden Hill Road for several hours.