Wiltonian Olivia Phelan was named a runner-up in this year’s Oral Kids Court Competition at the State Capitol in Hartford, on June 9.
Sponsored by the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO), the event concluded a month-long essay contest where students selected one of the following topics to analyze:
- Standing Out: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
- Cool Kids: The Social Cost of Social Media.
- Safe and Sound: My Neighborhood, My School.
- You Think You Know, But You Have No Idea: The Hidden Challenges of Living with a Disability.
- All About That Bass: How Does Popular Culture Influence Women’s Rights?