Drawings by nine Middlebrook students are among the 121 art works featured in a special gallery show at the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk — the 19th International Children’s Art Exhibit.
Middlebrook is the featured school in this year’s exhibition, presented by Creative Connections, a nonprofit international cultural exchange organization in Norwalk.
With a “Picture the Moment” theme this year, Creative Connections asked students in grades 3-12 to draw and paint pictures that “thoughtfully capture a moment depicting one’s ethnic and cultural identity.”
Generally, the exhibition proves that moments or topics chosen as meaningful by Connecticut students like family, friends, traditions, faith and activities, are similarly important to children around the world.
The exhibition features the work of students from 20 countries, including Uganda, Nigeria, Japan, Jordan, Cyprus, Russia, China, Sri Lanka and Brazil.
Children from Connecticut, including dozens from schools in Fairfield County, are equally represented.
The following works by Middlebrook School students are featured in the exhibit:
- The Sleepover by Karolina Barabash.
- 50th Anniversary by Sarah Belcher.
- Sun Ride by Matthew Ferro.
- New York City by Navod Jayawardhane.
- A Night of Fondue by Alexander Koutsoukos.
- McDonald’s Moment by Peyton Matik.
- Where Artists Bloom by Niamh McCarthy.
- Just Keep Swimming by Madeline Pennino.
- Person to Person Food Drive by Eleanor Winrow.