Eversource ratifies contract with natural gas employees
Eversource has ratified a new four-year contract with its Connecticut natural gas employees in the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Locals 420 and 457.
Key provisions of the new agreement include:
- Increasing employee safety-related training allowances.
- Enhancing Call Before You Dig response to improve public safety.
- Annual wage increases of 3.25% for the first year and 3% per year for the remaining three years of the four-year contract.
- Establishing afternoon and evening shifts to support 24-hour coverage in the Meter Services Department.
- Creation of 20 additional union positions during the term of the agreement.
- Adjusting overtime premium enhancements to improve employee productivity.
IBEW Locals 420 and 457 represent more than 1,500 employees in a variety of positions, including gas technicians, electric line workers, technicians and mechanics, working throughout the company’s Connecticut service area.