BRIDGEPORT \u2014 A campaign volunteer admitted her role in a scheme to obtain public election funds for the 2018 Connecticut State Senate campaign of Dennis A. Bradley, federal prosecutors announced on Wednesday. Tina Manus, 42, of Stratford, waived her right to be indicted and pleaded guilty to a conspiracy offense related to her role in the scheme in a hearing Tuesday before Judge Victor A. Bolden in Bridgeport federal court, officials said. Manus previously served as a District 10 council member in Stratford. On May 24, a federal grand jury in New Haven returned an indictment charging Bradley, a Democrat who represents Bridgeport and Stratford, and his former campaign treasurer, Jessica Martinez, with offenses related to Bradley\u2019s 2018 run for state senate. Each entered a not guilt plea. A judge delayed their trial until December. Bradley and Martinez, who also served as the former city Board of Education chairwoman, were each charged with multiple counts of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and wire fraud. Martinez was also charged with false statement and false declaration to a grand jury. If convicted, each wire fraud count carries a maximum term of 20 years in prison. Federal prosecutors said Manus, while serving as a campaign volunteer in 2018, conspired with Bradley, Martinez and others to allegedly defraud the Connecticut State Election Enforcement Commission, the Citizens\u2019 Election Fund and the state by misrepresenting compliance with state election law and requirements of the CEP, which is a voluntary public election-financing program. The program allows a candidate to apply to the SEEC for grants to fund primary and general election runs. In court on Tuesday, Manus pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit wire fraud. The offense carries a maximum term of 20 years in prison. Manus, who prosecutors said has agreed to cooperate in the ongoing investigation, was released on a $150,000 bond as she awaits sentencing. The federal grand jury indictment that charged Bradley and Martinez indicated those involved in the scheme fraudulently obtained, or attempted to obtain, $179,850 in campaign grants. During a court appearance for the two earlier this year, Assistant U.S. Attorney Jonathan Francis called the case against Bradley \u201cvery strong\u201d and said the government was claiming an actual loss of $84,000. Bradley was first elected to represent the 23rd Senate District in 2018. The SEEC launched an investigation into Bradley after a complaint filed on June 29, 2018, about his campaign, including a March 15, 2018, campaign event at Dolphin's Cove Restaurant & Marina, according to the federal court records. In a letter to the SEEC on Aug. 21, 2018, Bradley denied the allegations and called them \u201cfrivolous and manipulative,\u201d the indictment said. Bradley and Martinez applied for a CEP grant in May 2018 to fund Bradley\u2019s primary campaign. The SEEC issued him $84,140 in July 2018, the indictment said. In June, Bradley won the Democratic primary with about 55 percent of the votes. The indictment said that CEP rules imposed a $2,000 limit on Bradley\u2019s personal funds expenditures, but that Bradley used personal funds to pay Dolphin\u2019s Cove $5,597.31 for the campaign event, and used personal funds for other campaign expenditures related to the event, including a band and invitations. Bradley, Martinez and others involved in the scheme allegedly claimed the Dolphin\u2019s Cove event was a \u201cthank you party\u201d for friends and client\u2019s of Bradley\u2019s law firm, the indictment said. At the event, Bradley announced his candidacy for state senate. At least eight individuals gave contributions to the Bradley campaign that night. The indictment claims two campaign volunteers changed contribution cards from the event with Bradley and Martinez\u2019s knowledge. A little more than two weeks after winning the primary, Bradley and Martinez tried to obtain an additional $95,710 grant for the general campaign. The SEEC denied the request around mid-October 2018. Bradley won the general election with 87 percent of the vote that November. In 2020, he was re-elected. The indictment, which at the time named Bradley and Martinez, claimed there were four others involved in the scheme. The other unnamed co-conspirators were identified by prosecutors only as consultants who joined the campaign in February or March 2018 and a senior member of Bradley\u2019s campaign staff who started around February 2018. It was not unclear if the others involved will be named or charged at a later time. Editor\u2019s Note: An earlier version of this story reported that Manus lived in Bridgeport. She lives in Stratford.