Norwalk Hospital will host the 12th Annual Whittingham Cancer Center Walk and Sally’s Run on April 25 at Calf Pasture Beach in Norwalk. This year’s event is sponsored by the Whittingham family and the Royal Bank of Scotland in Stamford. Created in 2004 by grateful patients, this community-driven event continues to grow in size and spirit and has raised over $2.5 million to support patient programs and services at Norwalk Hospital’s Whittingham Cancer Center.
In memory of the late Sally Kalin of Wilton, the 5K Sally’s Run, sponsored by the Kalin family, begins at 8:30 a.m., with registration opening at 7:30. The 3K Walk begins at 11, with registration opening at 9 a.m. Runners, walkers and guests can also enjoy a day of beach-side entertainment and family-friendly activities, including:
- Norwalk Hospital Health and Wellness Fair, 9 to 1, including blood pressure screenings, general health information;
- Ask the Experts integrative medicine, nutrition, foot health, and other health-related topics;
- Kids Zone activities, including face painting, balloon artists and photo booth;
- Music by DNR — Fairfield County’s (almost) all-physician rock band;
- Zumba with Emm of Studio M. Dance & Fitness in Norwalk.