In this week's Bulletin
Here are some of the stories and features in this week’s Wilton Bulletin, in mailboxes and on newsstands today:
- Candidates for first selectman: Lynne Vanderslice (R), Deb McFadden (D).
- Halloween fun in Wilton.
- Fend off the flu: Now is the time for vaccinations.
- FCIAC postseason games on HAN Network pay-per-view platform.
- Wilton stroke survivor will run in NYC marathon.
- Free mental health screenings at the Y.
- Special voter registration Nov. 2.
- New restaurant supports YMCA.
- Hazardous waste collection on Oct. 31.
- Selectmen briefed on plans for Town Green.
- Library Lines: The pups are coming!, Self-expression and relaxation, Weir Farm art reception, Board of Selectmen debate, Seniors discuss far-reaching tale, Author visit, First-time author visit.
- Senior Center News: Book discussion, Studio knitting, Living with Alzheimer’s, Comstock Writers, Open bridge, Coming events.
- Farmers’ market says farewell for the season.
- Timothy Leonard hearing continued to Nov. 3.
- Legal Notices.
- NAMI offers support for parents.
- Wilton High School Boys Soccer team wins academic award.
- Residents share ideas for economic development.
- Finance board approves DUI grant.
- WHS Boys Soccer: Austin Slater scores game-winner on Senior Night.
- WHS Girls Soccer: Wilton stops Staples on Paisley Eagan’s goal.
- Rob Coloney named WHS Girls Basketball coach.
- WHS Field Hockey: Rams nip Warriors on late goal.
- WHS Football: Christian Trefz, St. Joseph run over Wilton, 35-0.
- WHS Girls Swim: Swimmers go 3-2 during jam-packed stretch.
- Results, Records, Schedules.
- Youth Football Results.
- Youth Soccer Results.
- Editorials: Don’t be fooled.
- Letters to the Editors: Fostering greater transparency, Please preserve the Schlichting Homestead, GOP openings on parks and social services.
- NewsNotes: Home repair, Museum mornings, Fitness fights breast cancer.
- Candidate Statements: Lynne Vanderslice, Deborah McFadden, Michael Kaelin.
- Endorsement Letters.
- Nobody Told Me That: Why should you vote in your municipal election? Are there any contested races in Wilton this year? Can I view a sample ballot? Are absentee ballots available for this election?
- Driver whose accident closed Cedar Road was drunk.
- Street sweeper shot at with BBs.
- Arrest made in car theft.
- Jacket, sweater found.
- Vincent John Nolan, Jr., 88. More...
- Dorothy M. Argenio, 85. More...
- Dr. Ho-Kang Liu, 83. More...
- Anna L. Meken, 93. More...
- Gala celebrates 10 years of Friends of Ambler Farm.
- Candlelight Concerts presents violinist Angelo Xiang Yu.
- Bulletin Board.
- Students explore ‘fully digital learning environment.’
- Warrior Words by Abby Schiff: Even on your own, you are not alone.
- Athletes recognized for academic achievement.
- Fall Restaurant Week returns.
- Business Update: Webster celebrates 80 years, Bankwell collecting children’s books.
- Real Estate Sales.
Arts & Leisure
- Two Redding artists, Richard Lerner and Joni Johns, are exhibiting their work at Jewelry Designs in Danbury.
- The Reel Dad gives his top rating to the film Steve Jobs, a masterpiece of writing by Aaron Sorkin, he says, matched by Danny Boyle’s direction.
The Wilton Bulletin is on Facebook — become one of our 1,379 friends and get news updates at Facebook.com/WiltonBulletin.
3,145 people have signed up for Wilton Bulletin news bulletins via Twitter. You can, too, by stopping by Twitter.com/WiltonBulletin.