Following a public hearing during its Sept. 5 meeting, the Historic District and Historic Property Commission voted to accept several proposed changes to its rules and procedures, including:
- Changing the name of the Connecticut Historic Preservation Office to “State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO).”
- Expanding the definition of a “new historic district.”
- Adding a “new historic property” description.
- Replacing language to reflect Freedom of Information Act requirements regarding executive sessions.
- Updating date, time and location information regarding meetings.
- Adding a “minor activity” exception to public hearings on Certificate of Appropriateness applications.