Forum will explore health care issues
A panel of experts will discuss changes brought about by the Affordable Care Act and the Connecticut Health Exchange on Thursday morning, Nov. 14, at Wilton Library. Coffee will be served at 8:45 and the discussion will begin at 9.
The business and general community are invited to the program, hosted by state Senator Toni Boucher (R-26) and state Rep. Gail Lavielle (R-143).
The panelists include:
• Demian Fontanella, general counsel, Office of the Healthcare Advocate;
• John Lavin, owner, Beacon Physician Placement Services;
• Robin Oshman M.D., Ph.D., board-certified dermatologist, president of the Fairfield County Medical Association;
• Jason Madrak, chief marketing officer, Access Health Connecticut;
• George Watts, employee benefits adviser, Health Consultants Group in Plainville, Conn,
They will answer questions and share the possible impact and consequences for small businesses, the self-insured, independent contractors, senior citizens, and people with pre-existing conditions, state HUSKY participants and anyone who is currently uninsured.