Encore Club invites new members
Recently Wilton’s Encore Club celebrated its 45th anniversary at the Wilton Congregational Church. The highlight of the evening was honoring 11 of the past presidents by giving them each a rose. Another highlight was singing around the piano to music played by Bob Ploder.
The Encore Club provides interesting and sociable activities for women of all ages. Among them are:
- A monthly book discussion group;
- A weekly bridge group that meets at Comstock Community Center;
- Chick Flick offers women a chance to go out to dinner together and then to a headliner movie at a local theater;
- An international group where members discuss places they have visited;
- Loft hopping for the artistically inclined or those who love art;
- Mah jongg;
- Theater trips to New York
- Lunching out at fine restaurants in the area.
Encore Club is open to all women who enjoy doing things together. Members hail from Wilton and surrounding towns. Anyone interested in joining the club may call the vice president in charge of membership, Nancy Helmig, at 203-762-3187. Information is also online at wiltonencore.org.