Clinics offer flu shots
Flu season is fast approaching and Visiting Nurse & Hospice of Fairfield County will hold 18 flu clinics in Wilton this fall:
- Sept. 19 at Our Lady of Fatima Church, 229 Danbury Road, following the 9 a.m. mass;
- Sept. 19 at the Wilton Senior Center, 180 School Road, from 10 until 11:30;
- Oct. 3 at the Wilton Health Department, 238 Danbury Road, from 2:30 until 4;
- Oct. 9 at Our Lady of Fatima Church, 229 Danbury Road, from 9:30 until 12 noon;
- Oct. 17 at Wilton Library, 137 Old Ridgefield Road, from 3:30 until 5;
- Oct. 19 at the Wilton Kiwanis Club meeting at WEPCO, 48 New Canaan Road, from 11 until 12:30;
- Oct. 22 at the Riverbrook Regional YMCA, 404 Danbury Road, from 1 until 3;
- Nov. 2 at the Wilton Senior Center, 180 School Road, from 10 until 11:30;
- Nov. 5 at Wilton Library, 137 Old Ridgefield Road, from 3:30 until 5.
The nursing agency will also hold an additional nine flu clinics at its offices at 761 Main Avenue, Suite 114, in iPark at the intersection of Kent Road and Route 7 on the Wilton/Norwalk town line. These clinics will be held every Wednesday afternoon from 3:30 until 5, from Sept. 28 through Nov. 23.
Anyone four years of age or older can receive the seasonal flu vaccine at these clinics and there is no residency requirement.
All flu clinics are conducted on a first-come, first-served basis and appointments are not necessary. Persons under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
The cost of the vaccine is $45 for the regular dose and $60 for the high dose. Cash or check will be accepted or it can be billed directly to Medicare Part B, Aetna, Anthem, Connecticare, Fallon, Harvard Pilgrim, Multi Plan, Unicare, Wellcare or HealthyCT. Please bring your insurance card with you to the flu clinic.
Those wishing to receive the flu vaccine are encouraged to wear short sleeves or sleeves that are easy to roll up.
For information, call the Flu Hotline at 203-834-6341, ext. 444.