Where are the fireworks in the area?
Thursday, July 2
• Milford: Milford’s first Kick-Off to Summer Blast is Thursday, July 2, from 4 to 11 p.m., at Lisman Landing Marina, with a fireworks extravaganza to light-up the harbor at 9:15. Two of area bands will perform: Flashback will take the stage at 5, followed by the RumRunners at 7. Food trucks including Caseus, BRYAC Shuck Truck, Baked and Loaded, 744 Express, and Local Meatball, will be on scene serving-up tasty gourmet food, while Wines and More will be selling beverages.
• Shelton: Thursday, July 2, beginning at 7 p.m. with a performance by The Navels (classic rock, disco, Motown), fireworks at 9:20, at the Riverwalk and Veterans’ Memorial Park, 38 Canal Street E. Rain date is July 5.
• Stratford: Stratford’s fireworks will be at 9:30 p.m. Thursday at Short Beach. Festivities begin at 7 p.m.
Friday, July 3
• Darien: Friday, July 3 , doors open at 6:30 , fireworks at dusk, Darien High School. Rain date July 5 . To park on the Darien High School campus, a parking pass is required. Pass must be visible inside your front windshield. Passes are on sale for $25 through July 2 at Darien Town Hall. Parking passes will not be sold at the event. All foot traffic and off-campus parking is free. All paid parking traffic will enter Darien High School campus from Noroton Avenue only. Nutmeg Lane entrance will be closed and will exit only to Hollow Tree Ridge Road. High School Lane entrance will be closed and exit only to Middlesex
• Fairfield: Grucci Firework show begins around 9:15, from a barge off of Long Island Sound, so the show can be seen easily from either Penfield or Jennings Beaches. Lalie Madriguera from Swing to Samba will be the warm-up band playing from 5-7, at Jennings Beach. Beach parking lots can be accessed either with a season beach pass or by purchasing a daily pass for $50 per vehicle (cash only). Daily passes will be limited to the first 300 vehicles at Jennings Beach and 100 vehicles at Penfield Beach. A daily parking fee will also be charged to park at Ash Creek Parking Lot the day of the fireworks. Lots will fill. In the case of inclement weather, call 203-256-3144. Rain date: July 4.
• Greenwich: Fireworks at Binney Park and Greenwich Point Park are scheduled for Friday, July 3, with a rain date of Sunday, July 5. Binney Park Show starts at about 9:10 and the Greenwich Point Show starts around 9:35. Greenwich Point will be closed to vehicular traffic at 8:30. Spectators at Greenwich Point will be entertained by a disc jockey stationed near the South Concession area starting at 7. The Binney Park display will feature the Sound Beach Community Band performing at 7:30 on the Showmobile.
Saturday, July 4
• Bridgeport: USA Birthday Fireworks Extravaganza at the end of the Bridgeport Bluefish game, Ballpark at Harbor Yard.
• New Canaan: 35th annual Family Fourth of July Celebration at Waveny Park. Rain date July 5. Late day activities include family picnicking, live music, children’s games area, food court, and fireworks display. Event passes are required to enter the park both by car or walking and may be purchased at the Rec. Dept. Office, Town Hall, and by New Canaan residents online at newcanaan.info .
• Redding: The Redding Historical Society presents the Redding Rock N’ Roots Music Festival with fireworks at the Lonetown Barn & Museum, 43 Lonetown Road, Redding. Music starts at 3. Adults $15, students/seniors $10, kids under 12 free. All proceeds benefit the Redding Historical Society; reddinghistoricalsociety.org .
• Ridgefield: Saturday, July 4, gates open at 6, fireworks begin at dusk, Ridgefield High School, North Salem Road. Rain date July 5. Parking passes for $20 available at Ridgefield Chamber of Commerce, 9 Bailey Avenue during Chamber hours from 9-3. All proceeds go to the Family Fourth Committee. Shuttle busies provided from Barlow/Scotland. Handicapped parking at RHS.
• Weston: Fireworks at Weston Middle School begin at 9:20 p.m. $20 per car; $5 per person for walk-in (under 4 free). Gates open at 4:30. BBQ available for purchase, 5-9. Westport Community Band plays patriotic favorites from 6-7; Beatles tribute band Ticket to Ride plays 7:15 to the start of the fireworks. No dogs.
• Wilton: The Wilton Parks and Recreation Department invites residents to join in the celebration of Independence Day Saturday, July 4, at the Wilton High School football field. Rain date July 5. Bands will begin to play at 5, and there will be a performance by Retro Express at 7:30. The annual celebration will conclude with a fireworks show, starting around 9:30. Parking: Patron parking tickets, which allow close parking to the high school athletic area, are $35/vehicle and available at Parks and Recreation office in the Comstock Community Center. The department is also selling 4th of July Booster Parking Passes for designated locations a bit further away from the patron parking areas. Vehicles without the pass will be charged a fee of $20 per vehicle the night of the fireworks show.
Sunday, July 5
• Orange: Concerts & Fireworks Spectacular at Orange Fairgrounds, 525 Orange Center Road. Rain date July 6. Celebration begins at 6:30 with opening remarks by First Selectman Jim Zeoli and the Pledge of Allegiance led by members of Cub Scout Pack 922. Hotel California, Eagles cover band will perform. Food vendors and novelty items available for purchase beginning at 6. WPLR Radio will be broadcasting live on location with a celebrity guest. Suggested parking donation of $5 will benefit the Orange Little League’s Travel Squad.