The weather could not be better for looking for specimens to spruce up the garden.
The 76th annual Wilton Garden Club Mother’s Day Plant Sale is under way this weekend: Friday, May 8, from noon to 6, and Saturday, May 9, from 9 to noon at the Town Green.
Those who need assistance may consult the gardening consultants available to answer your questions or help choose the right plants.
Shoppers will find:
- 1,000-plus perennials, many “deer-resistant” and hand-dug from members’ gardens;
- Wide selection of ornamental grasses, groundcovers and wildflowers;
- Organically grown herbs from Ambler Farm;
- Numerous native plants, trees and flowering shrubs;
- Locally grown “Offinger” tomato plants and other vegetables;
- Award-winning dahlias;
- Troughs and terrariums;
- Mother’s Day gifts, including hanging baskets, patio planters, herb containers, vegetable bowls and flower baskets;
- Kid’s Corner: Gardening activities just for kids while parents shop.