Garden club plant sale gets under way
The weather could not be better for looking for specimens to spruce up the garden.
The 76th annual Wilton Garden Club Mother’s Day Plant Sale is under way this weekend: Friday, May 8, from noon to 6, and Saturday, May 9, from 9 to noon at the Town Green.
Those who need assistance may consult the gardening consultants available to answer your questions or help choose the right plants.
Shoppers will find:
- 1,000-plus perennials, many “deer-resistant” and hand-dug from members’ gardens;
- Wide selection of ornamental grasses, groundcovers and wildflowers;
- Organically grown herbs from Ambler Farm;
- Numerous native plants, trees and flowering shrubs;
- Locally grown “Offinger” tomato plants and other vegetables;
- Award-winning dahlias;
- Troughs and terrariums;
- Mother’s Day gifts, including hanging baskets, patio planters, herb containers, vegetable bowls and flower baskets;
- Kid’s Corner: Gardening activities just for kids while parents shop.
Proceeds from this sale are used to support Wilton Garden Club’s educational and horticultural endeavors, and projects for civic beauty.