College planning workshop
Sean Flynn, a financial adviser with Essex Financial, will lead an educational workshop on college planning and financial aid in the Wilton Library’s Rimer Room on Thursday, Jan. 11, from 6 to 7:30.
Attendees of Flynn’s one-hour How to Pay for College Without Bankrupting Your Family workshop will learn:
- Which colleges offer the best financial aid packages.
- How to avoid mistakes on the FAFSA and CSS profile.
- How students can receive more free money and less in loans.
- Why private universities can cost less than a state school.
- How families of all income levels may be eligible for financial aid.
College debt strategies, efficient ways to save for college, alternative payment options, and new 2018 tax laws and how they affect college planning will also be discussed.
Flynn has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Fairfield University’s Dolan School of Business and is a certified college planning specialist through the National Institute of Certified College Planners.
The snow date for the workshop is Jan. 18. With limited space available, registration is recommended. Information and registration: www.wiltonlibrary.org.