Rail fares rise a bit
Monthly and weekly commuters on Metro-North’s New Haven line will see a slight fare increase beginning Jan. 1. The 1% increase imposed by the Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT) will only affect stations in Connecticut.
This is the last of seven consecutive annual fare increases that were previously authorized to fund the purchase of M8 rail cars.
The changes will affect ticket prices for travel:
- Between stations within Connecticut;
- Between Connecticut and New York stations.
Fares increases from Wilton and Cannondale to Grand Central Terminal:
- Monthly — from $369 to $370;
- Weekly — from $118 to $118.50.
The following fares remain the same:
- Ten-trip peak — $170;
- Ten-trip off-peak — $108.50;
- One-way peak — $17;
- One-way off-peak — $12.75;
- Senior/disabled/Medicare t10-trip — $85;
- Senior/disabled/Medicare one-way — $8.50;
- Child one-way peak — $8.50;
- Child one way off-peak $6.50.