The town is offering residents the Wilton Prescription Drug Discount Card Program as a way to save money on prescription medications and certain medical services.
Wilton is able to participate in this program as an added benefit of its membership with the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities (CCM), at no additional cost to the town or its residents.
The Wilton Prescription Drug Discount Card Program administered by Pro Act will help residents save money on medications if a prescription is not covered by insurance. This card can be used by any Wilton resident at Wilton’s local pharmacies and a number of national pharmacy chains, to obtain discounts and savings on prescription medications, whether they are currently insured, uninsured, or underinsured. The card offers the following features and benefits:
- Anyone can participate, regardless of age or income.
- All prescription medications are covered, including any pet prescriptions for human-based medications that can be filled at a regular retail pharmacy.
- There is no cost to the municipality or to participating residents.
- Generic prescriptions offer the highest savings, but name brand medications are eligible for discounts as well.
- There are more than 65,000 participating pharmacies nationwide, including CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Walmart, Stop & Shop, and Big Y, and many local pharmacies.
- Discounts are also offered on other medical services including vision, hearing and LASIK services.
Each resident in Wilton will receive a “Town of Wilton Prescription Discount Card” by direct mail which they may use at any participating retail pharmacy, a press release from the town says. Cards may be used by all town residents regardless of age, income or existing health coverage. There are no enrollment forms, membership fees, restrictions or limits on frequency of use for residents. Cardholders and their family members are encouraged to use the cards any time their prescriptions are not covered by insurance.
Additional cards are available at the town clerk and social services offices.
Cards may also be printed by visiting CTRxDiscountCard.com after the cards have been mailed and by selecting Town of Wilton from the drop-down menu. The website also contains a “Learn the Perks of the Card” section where residents can locate a participating pharmacy, comparison shop their medication, and find the information on the discounts that are also available on vision, hearing and LASIK services.